Neufort Wickham is an architecturally designed mixed-use development comprising 190 residential units and 2 commercial premises. The mid-rise development is located in the burgeoning West End Precinct of Newcastle and will provide beautiful apartments within a few minutes' walk from the CBD, the Newcastle Interchange and the green spaces of Wickham Park.
The 44.9m height of the development demonstrates confidence in the City of Newcastle's vision for the area, and will provide stunning panoramic views of Newcastle Harbour and the cityscape for residents. Neufort Wickham will assist in meeting housing targets for the region and residential uptake of the development will help drive the economic success of the West End Precinct.
ADW Johnson are proud to have assisted developer, The Blake Organisation, and EJE Architecture in the provision of town planning and project management services to secure development consent for Neufort Wickham, including the following:
- Provision of ongoing advice to client, including identification of approval pathway and overall project strategy;
- Ongoing liaison with Council, including the attendance of Pre-DA Meetings;
- Preparation of a Development Application including the preparation of Statement of Environmental Effects;
- Post lodgement management of the application through Council;
- Amend design to reduce height to satisfy Council and JRPP concerns;
- JRPP meeting for determination;
- Liaison with Subsidence Advisory and Sydney Trains to satisfy deferred commencement conditions;
- Prepare second Development Application for alterations and additions to an approved development for additional height;
- Post lodgement management of the application through Council and Land & Environment Court proceedings;
- Assistance with negotiating a Voluntary Planning Agreement;
- Assistance with Land and Environment Court Proceedings;
- Successful negotiations with Council at Section 34 Conference; and
- Determination by elected Council on 8th December 2020.
- Management of subconsultants; and
- Assistance with project management.