Proposed 330MW Windfarm
ADW Johnson were engaged by Epuron Projects Pty Ltd to complete a high level design and civil constructability assessment of the internal access tracks for the proposed wind farm at Bowmans Creek. This high level design assessment will inform aspects of an Environmental Impact Assessment, provide essential design and scoping information to the client and assist communication with local community groups and land owners.
The engagement included the following aspects:
- Modelling of approximately 70km of access tracks through farmland.
- Horizontal and vertical review of the existing terrain (based on Lidar information) in order to determine the most efficient access track locations for the turbine layout.
- Bulk earthworks calculations.
- Geometric design for delivery of oversized turbine components.
- Preliminary design plans.
Due to the high level nature of this assessment, the work was structured to allow for input from Epuron at critical points in the assessment. This approach facilitated an economic and coordinated design process that ensured Epuron’s desired outcomes were achieved.